Most people will demonstrate Left and Right
brain talents at different times, but some people tend to strongly use the talents
on one side of the brain so much that it
strongly affects their personality as seen
People can be crudely labelled "Left-brain" if they normally use their left-brain talents much more than right-brain talents.
"Left-brained" people tend to...
- Have strong language talents and talk a lot.
- Analyze everything logically. When talking
about something, they start at the
and go logically to the next event,
giving explanations. "Next we
- Like to keep events on time and on track,
and like to be punctual
- Often ask "why" after someone else
has said something.
- Often say "not necessarily" because
their brains see a different logic
- Like TV documentaries that explain things.
- Like non-fiction books, text books, and instruction
- Like daytimers, computer schedule programs,
- Have neater desks, with papers filed neatly
People can be crudely labelled "Right-brain" if they use their right-brain talents much more than left-brain talents.
"Right-brained" people tend to...
- Talk randomly, rather than in a logical order.
- Be very visual, often preferring pictures
and diagrams instead of word explanations
- Draw pictures and doodle in their school
notebooks and on scratch paper.
- Get very impatient when a person is trying
to explain something in logical order.
may want to jump to conclusions,
get distracted by other things happening
- Not follow schedules well, be late for events,
be impulsive, etc.
- Have messy desks with unfiled papers -- a
RAD (random access desk)
Are you strongly Left or Right in your style?
If you are "normal" than you probably tend to act like
both of the above, at different times.
This is a sample conversation between
girls, out for a walk. One talks in
analytical style, while the other talks
if her right brain is very dominant.
does your speech sound like to other
most of the time?
|A "Left-Brain" style
||A "Right-Brain" style
|Rita, do you see those flowers
||They're lovely ...the color!
|I don't think we should pick one; this is
||Sarah, have you ever seen such color? It
|Yeah. I like the way the gardener arranged
the little ones in front so they
the view of the back ones.
||The color just flows from one bed to the
next like a rainbow on a mountain
Can't you just see the goats?
|Goats? No, goats would eat the flowers, and
you can't have goats in a city,
||Just imagine the goats...nice goats...leaping
around on the rocks.
|I never did like goat's milk, but it's supposed
to be nutritious.
||Can you smell them?
|Goats? They stink.
||No, the flowers. I can smell all of them
now like an ice cream cone with
all the flavors
|You'll get fat eating all that ice cream.
I wonder if it's going to rain.
said 60% chance.
||Where does the smell go when it rains?
|Probably washes away. I'll ask my teacher.
We should hurry, it's 6 minutes